[Namron] Namron Officer meeting notes 3/28/11

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:36:55 PDT 2011

Greetings,

Here are the notes from tonight's officer meeting:

*Seneschal: *Gulf Wars went well.  The new siege weapons worked out
well. Looking forward to getting more people interested in them. Working
on Med Faire this week, everyone help out where ever needed. I plan on
being on site all three days, I know that not everyone can be at Med
Faire all three days, but please help out where you can. We also have
Beltane coming up next, working towards having a great event. We all
need to work as a team and show everyone what a great Barony that Namron is.

*Archery: *HE Donnchadh scored an all time new high score for himself at
archery practice this week, he is almost a Forrester.  Lord Christian
has offered up some space to build a shed for the archery/thrown weapons
that we have stored in his barn right now. I was wondering if we would
want to store the siege weapons/ammo also in this shed. We can build it
bigger to accommodate all the archery/thrown weapons and siege, just
wanted input if we think it would be needed.  The discussion at this
meeting decided not to store the siege weapons out at the archery range.
So will build the shed to house the archery/thrown weapons. Practice on
Sundays at 2pm, if it is canceled there will be an announcement on the
Namron list.

*A & S: *Not Present

*Hospitaler: *Working on Med Faire at the present time, getting business
cards and flyers printed up tomorrow. For this weekend, I would like for
us all to act as a hospitaler at the Med Faire and get people excited
about the SCA. Next would be Wiesenfeuer Baronial, we will be having an
encampment and will be having food on Friday night for all newcomers to
be welcomed. Would like to be working on Garb and Grubs in the future
and combining with classes and potluck food etc.

*Knight Marshal: *nothing new, practices held on Wednesday around 7:30pm
at Sellers Park.

*Rapier Marshal: *I read an article where OU is wanting to start a
fencing club. I think that would be a great opportunity to work with
them or possibly do demo's for them to get more people interested in
rapier. I will be following up with the contact  person about doing
demos and such. Phoebe our newest rapier fighter is now authorized and
all geared up and having a great time. I will be working on getting her
new exercises and training. Practices are on Tuesdays at 7pm at Sellers
Park.

*Chronicler: *Not Present

*Webminister: *Not Present

*Herald: *Not Present

*Treasurer: *Not Present

*MOC: *Not Present

*B & B: *Will be working on the Garb and Grub's for the summer time
after Beltane, we have a lot on our plate right now. Things are going
really well. There is also an Engineering Practice Lab at OU that I
think would be cool to possible have them come out when we have a siege
practice at Reeves park and let them see how they work. Those students
are interested in building things. I think it would be a good thing for
Namron if we can find something that OU is doing and relate it to the
SCA and get more people interested that way. We can focus on G & G after
Beltane and also on working on doing demos and such.

YIS,

Margherita
Namron Seneschal