[Namron] Namron Officer Meeting Notes May 2011

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:29:47 PDT 2011

Greetings,

Here are the meeting notes from our last officer's meeting:

*Seneschal:* I have heard back from the NR Seneschal concerning
frequency of officer meetings, there is no actual requirement for how
often meetings are held, it is up to the discretion of the Seneschal.
But as I said at the Pop meeting, after discussion with other officers,
populace, and the B & B, we will continue monthly officer meetings the
3rd Monday of each month (unless rescheduled due to conflict) at the
Populace Meeting I will give an overview of the officer reports, if the
officer wants to given their own report, they can, they will just need
to speak to me and the Herald prior to the meeting. If there are any new
faces attending the meeting, then each officer will need to stand up
when called upon and introduce themselves and tell about their office.
In order to make these meetings more productive, I am thinking that
instead of each officer having "goals" we can come to the meetings with
any issues or problems or projects that as a group we can work on
together in order to help or improve the Barony.

*Herald:* I have secured several heraldry books from Wolfgong, I need to
work more with Jacq on his device. As a member of the rapier community,
I want to tell you about the group on facebook called Salle de Storm
Weasels, it is not a hidden group and it helps to promote rapier and
people can post and discuss there.

*Hospitaler:* we are coming out of the main busy season; it's been a lot
of fun and successful with having a lot of new people.  I will be
stepping down in July. My goal is anyone who is wanting to take this
office, that we get together and go over what their thoughts are for
this office, to brainstorm together ways to improve this office and
recruit people.

*Treasurer:* we need to pay more attention to what we are spending. With
Beltane we might have broken even, I have not figured all the expenses.
If you want to spend money, you must email or have in writing to all 3
of the financial committee, not just one of us. With event bids we need
to watch them closer and stay in line with them. All incidentals that we
have we need to make an inventory and separate them into tubs and label
them Beltane, Protectorate, Med Faire etc. That way we are not buying a
lot of the same stuff for each event. We need to have a inventory work
day and have all officers to bring what ever stuff that they have that
belongings to the barony so we can keep track of it and know exactly
what all we have.

*Archery Marshal:* At Beltane we had our Archery Championship that was
won by Thomas ap Dewi, who is 14 so I will need to help him with next
years and also his Uncle who is a marshal. Sometime this summer I would
like to have a work day and build a shed out at Lord Christian's land
where we hold practice in order to place all of the archery and thrown
weapons equipment. Possibly have a cook out along with it.

*Rapier Marshal:* Having a lot of people at the practices each week. I
would like to put out a post on the Salle de Storm Weasels page to find
out how people found us and what their story is. We are in need of a
couple of gorgets, we are having so many at practice we don't have
enough equipment to go around. Also I would like to have a canvas bag in
order to put the loaner equipment in.

*A & S Minister:* Deputy present, no report, but she will be back in the
state by the 1st week in June, she has had mundane work and family
issues to deal with, as to why she is absent.

*Webminister: *not present

*Chronicler: *not present

*Knights Marshal:* not present

*Minister of Children:* not present

*Baronessa:* we will be taking the Baronial pavilion to Warlord, there
will be a caravan leaving HE Donnchadh's house about 6pm on Friday, if
anyone wants to caravan along. We also got the Laurel's Prize Tourney
Bid with Lady Antonia as the autocrat. Water Wars is August 6, 2011,
11am to 6pm at Glen Collins Park at Twin Lakes in Shawnee.

*Lady AEla:* my suggestion is when you do inventory it's a good idea to
have a digital camera and take pictures of everything and then get a
flicker account or some sort of data base to have them on and have them
accessible to the barony.

*HL Aonghas:* I agree that it is a good idea about the photos and you
can use them for insurance purposes.

General discussion over Laurels Prize Tourney, we will be having
planning meetings in the near future, to start getting all the kinks
worked out. Discussion about a side board luncheon and possibly having
donations. Lady Antonia looks forward to working with everyone, and she
will appreciate all help she can get.

YIS,

Margherita de Mantua
Namron Seneschal