[Namron] Populace meeting notes from May 10th 2011

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Thu May 12 09:25:27 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting

May 10, 2011

Norman Unitarian Universalist Church

Meeting began at 7:40 pm

*B & B: *How is everyone? We are really happy that we were able to
finally down load the trailer to Phred the Shed. The last 6 months have
been really busy with Gulf Wars, Med Faire and Beltane, really glad for
a little breather.Everyone has really done a good job with all of our
events. Our champions from Beltane are: Lord Vincenti is our A & S
champion, William the Hound is our Brewing champion, Archery champion is
a Thomas ap Dewi and he is 14 years old from Northkeep, Thrown Weapons
champion is Sam ap Dewi, and Bardic champion is Master Andrixos
Seljukroctonis from Calontir.Master Andrixos also named our Baronial
Pavilion "Calm in the Storm". He is getting us an electronic version of
his bardic piece, so we can share with all and have on the baronial
website. We have coronation coming up this weekend in Ft Worth. How many
people received awards at Beltane? Please stand up, Lord Buchello and
Lady Sybilla received Torsades and Lady Sybilla also received Compass
Rose. Lord Chris received Sable Storm and also Sable Crane. Lady
Margherita received her Sable Crane. Lord Aonghas received Sable
Thistle. Then we had Castellan this past weekend, where Namron had a lot
of people competing. Marsha was the archery champion for her age group.

*Seneschal: *I want to start out with our format will be a little
different from the past as we are going to have all officers to stand up
and introduce themselves since we have some new faces here tonight and
tell about their office and then I will go over our past officer
meeting. My job as Seneschal is the legal person for the barony. I hold
all meetings of the barony and make sure we follow the rules of our
Kingdom. I am the peacemaker and over seer of the officers. I am 1/3^rd
of the financial committee of the barony.I am now accepting bids for
Protectorate. You need to send your bid for autocrat and for feastocrat
to Their Excellencies and to myself by the next Populace meeting. We
will close bids June 7^th for Protectorate autocrat and feastocrat bids.
It looks that we will be having Protectorate at Camp Cimarron.We will
also be having Water Wars the 1^st weekend of August (August 6^th ) at
the Twin Lakes in Shawnee.Water Wars is where Namron and Wiesenfeuer
come together and have various water games and a competition between the
baronies and we also have a cook out. It is a no garb fun get together
of our two baronies. I will put more specifics on the list when we get
closer to the time.At the end of our meeting we will be having 2
classes, HL Adena will be teaching courtly dance and HE Orlando will be
teaching Iconography.

*Treasurer: *Hi I'm Adena and *I* am responsible for the financial
bookkeeping of the barony and I am also 1/3^rd of the financial
committee. I run the gate at all of the baronial events.

*Herald: *Hi I'm Robert of the Faire, I help people get their period
names registered, get their device submission done. I answer questions
that anyone may have concerning names and devices. I am also loud when I
need to be.

*Chronicler: *not present due to mundane schoolwork with finals. But she
records and publishes the baronial newsletter The Plume each month.

*A & S Minister: *not present due to family emergency. The minister of
Arts & Science is here to assist newcomers and established members by
helping them find an art or science that suits their lifestyle and
inclinations, and providing answers by finding resources or an expert in
the field.

*Rapier Marshal: *Hi I'm Lord Jacq; rapier is sword fighting like from
the Princess Bride as opposed to Brave heart.I'm a safety officer that
holds practices of this sort of fighting. At Wiesenfeuer Baronial we had
several Namron fighters attending, Lord Lorenzo and HE Donnchadh had a
really entertaining fight. We had several fighters at Beltane for our
tavern brawl, Her Highness Gwen even stated that she would like to come
and participate next year, because it looked like so much fun. We had 3
Don's in attendance at Beltane, we also had 11 people at our practice in
April.At Castellan we had a few fighters out there that participated in
the grueling hour long fight, HE Orlando, Master Tadhg, and myself, to
name a few. Also if anyone has any loaner gorgets, it would be
appreciated, because we are having so many fighters at practice, we are
running out of equipment for them.We have Queens Champion coming up,
Eldern Hills and Steppes Warlord. Dark Wood Armory is planning on being
at Steppes and will be available if anyone would like to look at swords
that are used in our type of fighting. We hold practice each Tuesday at
7pm. It has been at Sellers Park, but we may have a new location since
Sellers will be closing early for summer months. Look to the list for
announcements of new location.

*Knights Marshal: *not present due to mundane work. He is the safety
officer that holds practice of the Brave heart type of fighting.
Practice is held each week at Sellers Park at 7:00 pm. Heavy practice
will still be at Sellers, with their summer hours, because they will
have practice outside in the park.

*Hospitaler: *Hi I'm Lord Chris and I am the PR person for the barony.
I'm considered the welcome wagon; I'm a face to make contact with and to
get any new person to the right person to figure out what they are
interested in. I want to thank everyone for all the help with our spring
season of events, from Med Faire to Beltane. My term is up in July,
anyone interested needs to send in an application to B & B, Seneschal,
Regional Hospitaler and myself.

*Archery Marshal: *Hi I'm Lord Vincenti, and I want to talk about Thomas
ap Dewi, 14 year old, who shot some the best archery he has ever shot to
win Beltane and then turn around and won Northkeep archery. Lord
Laurence and I also got our gold tassels at Beltane. We are like 4 & 5
top ranked in the Kingdom. HE Donnchadh just reached Forrester rank this
past weekend, so he is moving on up also. At Steppes Warlord which is
coming up Memorial Day Weekend, they will be hosting the Royal Huntsman,
in Canton, Texas. The Royal Huntsman will be held on Sunday afternoon
and the Steppes Championship will be held on Saturday. I am the safety
officer for the barony over archery. We hold practice each week on
Sunday afternoon from 2pm to 4 pm.It is held at Lord Kristen's house at
19300 SE 149^th street Newalla, OK

*Minister of Children: *not present. He is a wonderful person who
ministers to the children. He has activities for children at our
baronial events. HL Aonghas wants to let everyone know, since he has
been a past MOC, that the MOC is not a babysitting service, if you want
a babysitting service at an event you will have to supply your own.

*Webminister: *not present due to mundane school with finals. Her
responsibility is keeping up the website for the Barony.Please visit
www.baronyofnamron.org <http://www.baronyofnamron.org>for the latest
news. You can find a copy of all the baronial newsletters as well as
latest news of the barony and also members list, there is a lot of
information about our Barony of the website.

*Seneschal: *At last officers meeting, we had a discussion of how often
we should have officer meetings. I told the officers I would check to
find out if there is a regulation on how often. I have not received any
information back from our Regional Seneschal concerning my question, but
after discussion with the populace, the B & B and the other officers, it
has been decided that we will continue to have officers meetings monthly
(3^rd Monday of each month) and that we will hold them at the Hidden
Castle here in Norman. We will be having our regular scheduled officers
meeting next Monday the 16^th at the Hidden Castle. Here is what was
reported at the last meeting:*Knights Marshal: *practice picking up, we
are having double digits of fighters attending; we received several
pieces of armor donated from Karl Sturmfeuer (aka Fluffy) to the barony
for loaner gear and weapons. I will also be getting my armor back
together soon.*Herald: *has his first submission, thanks to Lord Jacq,
will be working on office and learning new things. *Hospitaler: *as he
stated, really good turn out the last few events, everyone doing a great
job. Newcomers' encampment at Wiesenfeuer and the newcomers meeting went
well, we will be having a newcomer's meal at Beltane. *Treasurer: *will
be running gate with Paul (aka Pink) at Beltane. I have had no one to
contact me interested in Treasurer, if anyone knows of anyone that
isinterested please have them contact me, I will be stepping down in
August, so applications need to go to B & B, Seneschal, Regional
Treasurer and myself.Lord Buchello made the announcement that the
refreshment tent went well at Med Faire, we went a little over budget,
but we had Gatorade and stuff left over that could be used at Beltane.

*B & B: *we would like to call Marsha to come before us; did you have
fun at Castellan? I hear you did a really good job in archery, since you
won their archery competition. We want to thank you for representing our
Barony and as a token of our appreciation we have something for you.
They presented her with a token of their appreciation. Beltane was an
absolute fantastic event, Their Highnesses and Their Majesties had
nothing but good things to say about Namron. Barone Orlando said that he
didn't know if you all know this, but there was a chance that he wasn't
going to make Beltane this year because of the Army, but he was able to
pull it off and make it this year. I want to thank everyone for making
it such a wonderful event. I will not be able to make it next year as I
will be in Kuwait.So that really made it nice to be able to attend this
year. Thank you again to everyone in this Barony.

Meeting ended at 8:12 pm