[Namron] Fw: [Ansteorra] Follow up... New Talon Charter Competition

Heather / Droen wolfyheather at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 18:32:25 PDT 2011

YIS,
Lady Droen O'Rourke
Namron Minister of Arts & Science

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Star Signet <star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org>
To: "Scribes within Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <Scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org>; ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2011 9:21 AM
Subject: [Ansteorra] Follow up... New Talon Charter Competition

Questions have been asked about the Original Talon Charter Competition I
will be hosting at Steppes' 12th Night.  For those who are interested or
may be, here is what you need to know:

1. The scroll size is 9” X 12”.  This is a completed size, therefore the
design needs to fit within that boundary.

2.  Art and Calligraphy - If you are an Artist but not a Calligrapher or a
Calligrapher and not an Artist, find someone to help you with the scroll!
If enough enter who worked on a project together, the prize will be set up
so both receive something.

3.  Text - here is the link to the text for the scroll:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/award_text.pdf.  Search Talon.

4.  Other requirements - it is always lovely to work in the insigina/badge
for the award. In this case, it is an eagle's leg erased á la quise sable
(black).  A sample is on the Talon text page (see above link).

If you wish to participate and are unsure of what to do, PLEASE contact me!
Feel free to email me a design concept or sample.  I want to encourage
anyone who is interested to try their hand at this!

--
In Service to the Dream,

Lady Viviana Rowntree
Star Signet Herald