[Namron] Ideas and input for Skorragardr

Michael Coone felemid.macphail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 20:55:17 PDT 2012

Greetings to the Canton of Skorragardr ... and surrounding lands ...

i am putting this out there... to gather ideas and to set up more stuff
nights for our canton (Shawnee area and eastward)... if you are part of
Canton, think of something useful, or willing to drive out and help
.....please put in your 2 cents ... who knows we may even use them ... that
is great thing about Ideas ...they work best when shared .... the more
active a group is... the more members they tend to get. .... if you look at
basic numbers ... saying 1/2% to 1% of people want to play ... to me that
means ....even in a town as small as Wewoka that has 3300 ....they should
have about 15 to 33 people willing to join ... our numbers are low ... we
need people ...... an old saying comes to mind " Shepherds do not make more
sheep, Sheep make more sheep.."  .. the Officers(shepherds) will keep us
all moving together .... but we have to do our part too ... invite new
people ... volunteer .... do demos ... and have fun .... because Fun is why
we all joined ... and fun is contagious....

here are some Ideas to start with....if people want to do any of these
....  please reply ... so we can get start making plans

Bardic night .. practice songs, skit, dance, story telling, and instruments

A&S night ... classes on A&S skills or even open A&S night just to get
together .....

Gold Key night .... This is great night for Newbs ... member go thru old
garb or fabric...... find that item you are never going to use ... or
fabric that you got have had sittings for years in the corner .... donate
it to be new garb or loaner garb for the Canton .... this meeting works
well as a Pot lock gathering ... more people turn out when there is food
... helps gear out the newbs.. and get them to events ..... and it is a
great chance to get to know new members and them to get to know us ....

Froming Night ... this is a good way to get new people ... and have a
little fun ... pick one day a month .... garb up .. and have print outs
about the group ... and get together ....watching local teams at high
schools /universities ( Gypsy Cheerleaders was fun)  .....Movies .....
Malls ....going out to Dinner ...Picnics in the parks .... all these can
draw in people ... or viking raid party at local Pizza Hut .....

Archery Night  .... because right now we have fighter practice at same time
as barony archery ... would need someone with space ... as well as marshal
.... a range more centrally located between Shawnee and Prague exits off
I-40 would be great for us Easter border guards .... it is nice to call on
the lord and land  ...but i feel it would be a lot easier to get people to
show up to stuff when it is local (small town local is 45 min drive or less
to me ) compared to 60 to 80 miles to Norman, OKC and Tulsa ...

in order to make any of this happens ... we really need your input .....

if you have ideas .... please share them ....

Felemid MacPhail
MKA Mike Coone

the richest place on the planet is a graveyard ...
to much potential is taken to grave ....
use it today ....
leave none for the reaper ...