[Namron] A&S Class was a winner

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 19:40:18 PDT 2012

I want to formally thank His Excellency, Orlando, for teaching a thorough
and informative class in Wiesenfeuer on pewter casting in RTV molds. While
many begin pewter casting in soapstone, sometimes the carving of the stone
is a real challenge. Orlando taught us a modern method for producing a very
period product, and he is a good teacher, funny and detail-oriented.

For those of you that went, he mentioned Rotometals as his source for
pewter. They also have great ladles for melting. Here is the link to the
casting pewter he recommended-

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/alloy_r-98_pewter.htm

and here are the ladles-

http://www.rotometals.com/Ladles-for-Casting-s/8.htm

Later, His Excellency will be posting the link to his supplier for two-part
RTV compound, so stay tuned.

Also, the big site token pouring party will be announced shortly, and
Orlando will be giving us the details on when and where in the near future
so that Wiesenfeuer can lend a hand to Namron.

Again, our thanks to His Excellency and to all of you who came out and made
it a great class.

~Finnacan