[Namron] Directions for demo Sunday - Part II

Kim Lockaby kimievchaos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:21:33 PST 2012

The demo at Seamus's church went really well.  Not only did we not have
anyone burst into flames, but the pastor thanked us several times and asked
us to come back next week!  We had a lot of interest from the mainly
college-age crowd.  Several asked to borrow garb to wear during the service
while some others brought their own costume pieces and were suitably
impressed with our real clothes & accoutrements.  These people are today
exactly where many of us were when we started this game!  It was a fun time.

Next Sunday, Dec 16, we'll do it all again.  The preacher's theme is
Bilbo's Journey.  I plan to display "What you need to travel into the
modern middle ages" - lists of what to bring to events, various examples of
mugs, cloaks, garb, etc from acceptable & functional to fancy.  As with any
demo, anyone bringing anything is helpful, so join us!  It's right off I-35
just north of Indian Hills Rd, and only lasts a couple hours of your day.

Side note:  if you are comfortable doing so, it would be polite to attend
the service.  They aren't pushy or intimidating and the service was very
casual with dim lights and a loud rock band.  Last week's message included
less Middle Earth than I would have hoped, but I actually learned some
historical facts about ancient animal husbandry.