[Namron] Combat Archery Demo Sought

John Yates valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 14:23:30 PST 2012

Greetings,

   One of my mundane jobs is writing a weekly outdoors column for the McAlester newspaper.
   The Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma is having what seems to be shaping up as a pretty ambitious event at the Southeast Expo Center in McAlester (the really big building on the grounds where Rundel/Gnomon Vale held a number of events) throughout the day of Saturday, February 11th.
   While interveiwing and talking with some of the organizera, I mentioned thd combat archery that goes on in the SCA. When coming back out to my office for a follow-up interview, one of the organizers said they would love to have someone demonstrate combat archery.
   There are some 21 vendors already scheduled to be on site, a variety if outdoors-related sessions planned (mostly from Wildlife department folks) rack scoring, and more. All session activities are free, a banquet that dides charge is to be held that evening.
   If someone/some people is/are interested in providing demonstrations on CA for this, please cotact me off-list, and I'll give you contact information for the organizer from the bowhunting council.

Regards,
Val