[Namron] Learning Classes

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Wed Feb 22 07:21:01 PST 2012

Seamus,

So far as calling people by the correct title, don't worry about it too much.  Most of us aren't that picky, and the few who are will generally excuse someone who is evidently new, and either ignore the incorrect address or gently correct you.  In general, if they're wearing a metal "hat" (coronet, circlet, crown, whatever you want to call it) that looks fairly wide/tall (1/2" - 1" or wider) and/or has projections, you should probably call them "Your Excellency", otherwise m'lord or m'lady will be polite.  And there are quite a few of us with titles that actually prefer they not be used except in formal situations.

I've been playing for over 30 years, and there are people I have no idea what their actual title/rank is, and others I've known long enough that I forget to use their titles, since I first met them long before they had any.

Just relax and enjoy and learn as you go.  There will be formal classes before long, as Her Excellency Catarina has said.

Annabelle