[Namron] Fwd: [Ansteorra] GW Volunteer Point - New Information!

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:26:07 PST 2012

FYI -

Vincenti

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Ansteorra] GW Volunteer Point - New Information!
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:00:40 -0600
From: Elsa <elsavonschammach at gmail.com>
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc. <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>

Guten Tag Ansteorra!

I'm Lady Elsa of Mooneschadowe, and I'll be your Friendly Neighborhood
Volunteer Point Liaison this year. If you have questions about anything VP
related, please let me know. There are a few changes this year in the
organization of Volunteer Point, and they are explained in the following
missive from THL Kendra Dey, this year's Volunteer Point Coordinator.

~Elsa

Gulf Wars XXI approaches quickly!

With over 3500 people expected on site and 40 departments, Gulf Wars runs
by volunteers. Please take the time to volunteer for at least a single
shift (4-6 hours) over the course of the week. Last year, there were over
11,000 volunteer hours (which included some departmental shortages). If
every person volunteered a single shift, then we would not have any
shortages in the entire war.

What does volunteering get you? A lot more than you think.

For each volunteer:
Rewards
Every 2 hrs earned - Raffle Ticket*
Every 10 hrs earned - Pewter feather token
Every 15 hrs earned - Prize from Above & Beyond Table (stocked daily until
prizes are gone)
First 20 hrs earned - Limited edition pewter feather (instead of small
pewter feather)
Every 50 hrs worked - Volunteer Point pin
Every 100 hrs worked - Volunteer Point necklace
*Raffle tickets count for a war point as well as Volunteer Point raffle on
Saturday. The side with the most tickets will be awarded a war point.

For your group:
Also, the hours you work at Gulf Wars are recorded and tallied. Part of the
profits from Gulf Wars are divided among these hours. These monies are
eligible to go to any group with an SCA bank account. In previous years,
this can amount to a significant amount.

For your kingdom/group:
The kingdom (excluding Gleann Abhann) with the highest number of volunteer
hours will have their banner flown over Volunteer Point next year. This is
based on location of volunteer and not location of group receiving monies.

The Gleann Abhann group with the highest number of volunteer hours will
have their banner flown over Volunteer Point next year.  This is based on
location of volunteer and not location of group receiving monies.

At least one shift per attendee makes the war run smoother. We have
volunteer opportunies that range from seeing the war from a golf cart to
administration. Somewhere in the war, we need you.

If you have specific questions about volunteer opportunties at Gulf Wars,
please contact the Volunteer Point Coordinator at
volunteerpoint at gulfwars.org.

In Service,
THL Kendra Dey
Volunteer Point Coordinator