[Namron] The Battle Of The Champions Coming To Med Fair!

Tadhg ld_tadhg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 22:22:55 PST 2012

Greetings,
With all due respect, Wolfgang, we will have 30+ fighters on Saturday and Sunday...and a Tournament--any Tournament--is designed to reduce the number of fighters for some indeterminate "prize".
So, you're expecting a substantial number of fighters to sit and wait for this to play out. If you work hard, you may find a format that engages the crowd...and that's a big "if". But you will be doing it at the sacrifice of our need to be good hosts to our friends that have given up their weekend to help recruit.
Tournaments have been tried in the past...they drag the tempo of fighting down...and they reduce the general noise and chaos that bring the crowds into the SCA compound.
Personally, I recommend we let the fighters fight for all they're worth...especially on Saturday and Sunday. Friday is a another matter...and we can involve the crowd in individual fights--but tracking fighters through a Tournament is rather dicey in this type of setting.

Regards,

Tadhg

...brick by brick