[Namron] Our Med Fair Goals

Sybilla Sybilla at firemoonglass.com
Thu Mar 22 09:16:00 PDT 2012

Everyone knows that Med Fair is one of the most important recruitment
sources that occur each year. We are not there for our entertainment. It
isn't a 'SCA event'. Our goal is to peak the fair patrons interest in
the SCA. Our second goal is to maintain that interest.

Monday after the fair is our A&S night at the Hidden Castle. Of course,
every Monday night is A&S, but we will be inviting patrons that stop by
the A&S tent to come Monday nights to learn more about our skills and
crafts and even have the opportunity to have a hands-on experience.

I encourage you to come Monday night and bring any work-in-progress or
maybe this would be the push you needed to get started on a new one. Who
knows, you might be the one who gets 'peaked' by another artisans crafts.

Hopefully we will have some new visitors stopping by. Even if it is only
one interested person then we can feel that our goal of our presence at
the fair was successful.

A reminder to Heavy and Light Fighters: Be watchful of any new faces at
your practices. We get a tremendous amount of questions about your
fighting demos. Those of us out in the embassy trenches will do our
utmost to share the information about fighting practices but it will be
up to _each _of you to take it from there. I also invite you to come out
Monday night(s). We have quit a few who work on their armor with us.

We have 3 very valuable days approaching. As you walk about the embassy
remember why we are there so we can achieve our goal, "Come Share the
Dream".

Sybilla Von Brugh
Hospitaller