[Namron] A very wonder 2 years!

Barone Orlando Di Gilead orlando at agilejedi.com
Tue May 1 12:07:52 PDT 2012

Our 2 year anniversary as Baron and Baroness of Namron seems to have snuck
up on me. It's been an amazing 2 years and I can't express fully how much
love and pride both Cat and I feel for Namron. Namron continues to reaffirm
for us the meaning of "the dream" and how important close friends are to
us; friends who share a common belief in such values as service, loyalty
and chivalry.

In 2001, having served 10 years in the active Army, we sought another
organization that would give us the same sense of
community, camaraderie and friendship. We sought a group of friends who had
a shared set of values and a common goal. Eventually, we found what we were
looking for, in the SCA. At the time we lived in Meridies, in the shire of
Arenal. Suffices to say that we made many good friends that we still
consider a part of our family.

Several years ago, my employer asked me to move to Oklahoma. We
fretted badly over leaving our friends but decided that it was the best
thing for both of us. So, we moved. The wonderful thing was that when the
mundane world moved us to Oklahoma it was not long before we found
ourselves surrounded by, very much, the same community of friends this time
in Weisenfeuer and here in Namron.

Since moving here I have deployed to the middle east twice; including this
current deployment as Baron. On both occasions the populaces of Namron and
Skorragardr have rallied around my most beloved wife Caterina and for this
I can never thank you enough. In 2 years our Barony and the Canton
of Skorragardr have both amazed and humbled me in a profound way. I feel
that I could never measure up to the talent and great achievements of our
Barony but I promise Cat and I will always be your greatest cheer leaders!

Finally, I look forward to seeing the old faces and meeting the new ones
this summer! I'll leave you with a quote from an old hobbit,
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve."

in service,

HE Orlando Giovanni di' Gilead
Barone di' Namron
Lord of Skorragardr