[Namron] Icons on Glass Classes!

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 18 09:11:28 PDT 2012

This just came in last minute from Ann Marie but does sound interesting.

Wolfgang

A last minute opportunity for anyone interested in painting and gilding on
glass--it's Romanian-style icon painting.  The class starts Monday May 21.
The contact information is below and the poster is attached.

Ann Marie Eckart

Medieval Fair Coordinator

Hi Ann Marie!

We're trying to get the word out about a wonderful icon workshop that starts
next week!

Next week we're having a one-week course in the St. Gregory's University art
program:  AR 4903 Creating Sacred Images: Icons on Glass.  It is being
taught by a wonderful married couple, Chris and Rodica Cunningham. The main
skill taught is painting and gilding on glass--it's Romanian-style icon
painting.  It starts on Monday May 21 and runs through Friday May 25--it's
all day each day, but they have breaks during the morning and afternoon
along with a lunch break.  It starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.

You can look at their work at www.iconsbyrc.com   They also have work at the
PAS Gallery (Santa Fe Depot) here in Norman.

Someone can audit the course for only $335. Those interested in course
credit can pay the reduced summer school tuition.    There is a $50
materials fee for the materials. Those who would like to stay on campus can
have a mini-retreat and stay in the dorms for $15 per night.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested!

Interested parties could contact me on my cell phone at (405) 651-1594 or
secozad at stgregorys.edu That way I can give them enrollment details.

Thank you!

Sheryl

Sheryl Cozad, M.F.A.