[Namron] Newcomer's Gathering

Sibylla Sybilla at firemoonglass.com
Mon Apr 8 13:37:19 PDT 2013

The Newcomers Gathering will be a hands-on project night.

At the Faire we were encouraging the patrons to come and learn more
about the projects they were viewing in the A&S tent. They were very
interested at the thought of being given the opportunity to actually
'touch' things.

I have several of our artisans already planning to be there with
hands-on projects ready to be worked. Please think about contributing
your talents. I would also like the visitor to be able to take something
home with them too. For example, Buchello will have some Viking
wireweaving dowels ready to be worked on. Then they can take it home
with them along with some extra wire to continue their project.

We will have small areas set up so that a visitor is welcome to sit,
visit, and try their hands at something new. A visitor will be amazed
that after 15-20 minutes of instructions they can achieve the beginning
of these arts.

Some arts do not lend themselves to a quick lesson or they may be too
messy but there are many that will be a perfect fit for this night.
Would a drumming circle be interesting? How about teaching a couple of
Middle Eastern steps? The idea of this night will be to start an
interest so they will want to return for more knowledge.

YIS,
Sibylla