[Namron] THE PARTING GLASS

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 8 17:26:32 PDT 2013

Another wonderful Medieval Fair has come and gone and we hope everyone has
"fared" well.  Monday last it seems Mother Nature did not want us to have a
Fair and she launched a Siege unlike any seen in history, laying down an
assault of endless rain and bitter cold.  But that did not stop the hundreds
of folks involved in Fair and by Wednesday Mother Nature realized victory
was not to be hers.  She instead blessed us with several days of most
suitable weather, bringing well over 300,000 guests into the Lanes.

The SCA Embassy prospered and thrived, putting on perhaps her finest
appearance yet.  But that would not have been possible without the
assistance of each and every one of you who dug in and helped, be it for a
few hours or a few months.   We began to compile a list of folks we wished
to name for special recognition, but then quickly realized that would
include just about everyone there and such a list would have been so long it
may well have broken the Internet.

But does it end here?  Absolutely not for now The Triad and hopefully many
of our Directors take on the role of Consultants, reviewing and analyzing
this year's Embassy and preparing to leave it in the capable hands of the
2014 folks so that they may make it even better.

With that in mind, we invite your input on your experience with The Embassy,
including the good and the bad and recommendations for next year.  And so as
not to create a prolonged discussion on list, we ask you send those missives
to Herr Wolfgang at variglog at sbcglobal.net

In the coming days we shall be hosting a debriefing session to throw
everything out onto the table and begin the journey to next year.  We have
yet to set a date for that; however with 2 major Events in the next 4 weeks,
it will likely be very shortly following Beltane.

Enjoy your day!

In Service
The Triad
The Staff of Directors