[Namron] Are Sign-Up Sheets a joke?

Sibylla Sybilla at firemoonglass.com
Wed Feb 13 14:03:36 PST 2013

Attached is the statistics from the 2012 Faire Signup Sheet. Analyzing
this is what will bring us new members. Everyone is talking about what
to do during the faire. A question was recently asked, "How do we get
across that there is more to the SCA than what they are seeing at the
faire?"

We know that this is a demo, not an event. Stay focused on that.

We have their interests. Now what do we do? What did you do after the
Medieval Faire of 2012 to help maintain that interest? Lord's and
Lady's, the actual recruitment begins immediately AFTER Med Faire, not
during it.

The signup sheet is golden. It is our most important and valuable tool
for recruitment.

Last year I gathered the names, phone and email addresses and sent this
info to each marshal. I also sent their contact info on to other
Baronies throughout the state. I wish I knew if this effort was followed
through. One patron I spoke to last year said it was no use putting her
name on the list. She's done it several times in the past and nobody has
ever contacted her.

Just as last year, I will have a flier that lists our weekly and monthly
activities. This year I will have a separate flier listing as many
upcoming classes and dates as possible. (Of course, it will state on the
flier that 'Classes are subject to change, contact A&S Minister for
further info..) I will also organize this into each Baronies, but first
I will have to be given the info.

Wiesenfeuer, there were as many patrons from OKC, Edmond, Bethany, etc.
that were looking for class info as there was from the Norman area.

Namron and Wiesenfeuer A&S Artisans: Please seriously consider
teaching a class in the NEAR future. Notice that I did not state
'Skilled Artisan'. We simply want to share our knowledge. For example,
I'm thinking of doing a class on candlemaking. I'm not 'Skilled' at it.
My knowledge has come from the internet and a few Candlemaking for
Dummies books. What I do have is all the equipment, plenty of supplies
and the willingness to share a fun evening with someone. Are you someone
who doesn't feel comfortable in front of people? Be an assistant and
help put together handouts, supplies, and the equipment that is needed.
There's a lot to do just to get ready for a class.

FireStorm Passion Middle Eastern Guild: I would like to list the April
activities as 'Beginner' classes. The word 'Beginner' sounds friendly
and inviting. But, I don't want to list it as such unless I have your
agreement.

Other activities: Consider letting me list a 'Beginner Scribal night',
'The Basics of Bardic' evening. But, I can't list these unless you and I
plan it out.

I have less than ONE month to get this Class Schedule put together.
Email or call your A&S Minister and/or me and let us know ASAP that you
will teach a class in the near future. (A&S Ministers, please keep me
informed).

Don't let another Sign-Up list turn into a joke.

YIS,
Lady Sibylla Von Brugh
mka Peggy Brown
pbrown at okcfivestar.com <mailto:pbrown%40okcfivestar.com>