[Namron] Med Fair Hospitaler's idea

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:11:27 PST 2013

I thought that was exactly what us "rope walkers" had been doing....giving
people the spiel...letting them feel and hold the weapons and explaining
more about us....

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM, a a <princeisabitteroldman at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I've been meaning to respond to this and related topics but for now I
> want to make one key point:
> People coming by our area don't realize what we're about. Most of them
> don't have a clue about the SCA. Every year I'm amazed when I talk to them.
> This fact should be central to what we do at Medfair. In some ways we've
> improved in recent years but I think some might be amazed at how many folks
> leave our area with litte knowledge of the SCA. I say we need to explain
> more. One possibility is that heralds during the fighting could give a
> brief spiel about the SCA. A five minute break RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE
> FIGHTING might be a good way to do it. Now, I'm not suggesting a long
> break. Just somebody saying "hey, you know we do this year round m'lords
> and ladies. We have a King and Queen and sometimes go to wars," etc. etc.
> Something to make sure that most everyone knows we're not just doing this
> one weekend a year and so that they know that if they're interested {and I
> know not everyone is} then they can join us.
>
>  There are lots of intelligent people on this list; let's start thinking
> of some possibilities and thank you to Vigdis for helping to get the
> discussion started.
>                                                      Edward

HL Adalia VonderBerg

The 3 C's of life - Choice, Chance, Change
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.