[Namron] Med Fair Hospitaler's idea

Lee McGoodwin ladyetienett at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 19:13:53 PST 2013

Way back when...I was younger and walked the ropes during most of the fair, I would always tell people that we are an international non-profit organization...That we do this year round at our "in house" events...That we are adults who get to play dress up and make-believe...that the fighting is only a small part of what we do...that we have people who are great artisans, etc. and look at some of our examples in the A&S tent...etc...

I would shout it out or just talk to a small group near the ropes, and hand out brochures.  You can ask Adena and Kylie (among others).  If the people walking the ropes are mostly talking about the fighting, they are missing out on the main reason to doing this important job.  Yes, it is to answer questions and tell the attendees what they are seeing on the list field, but it is mainly to tell them about the SCA and this great game we play... this all-encompassing life-style hobby.

I am going to try and be at the fair on Fri, but Bear and I promised someone we would be at Elfsea Defender, not realizing they were the same weekend.  We may try to get back to be at the fair for a while on Sun.

In Service to the Dream,
Etienett