[Namron] Namron Digest, Vol 82, Issue 29

Shanna Ward camberbabe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:08:47 PST 2013

I agree w/Adena.... however, if showing off silk banner making or similar
activities were something the groups want to try @Med Fair, then treat it
like a food show.  Chefs don't cook 1 dish during a show, they cook
several.... Have "in progress" pieces that can be switched out as you
discuss the activity.  One banner drawn out, one you finish putting on the
gutta (sp?)... then more that are in the painting process, then a finished
piece.

It allows you to control who is handling the materials & the timing.  That
would also give the group doing it the benefit of having X_number of brand
new silk banners of all one design... hint*hint* new baronial storm
pennants or Ansteorra pennants.

Just a thought...
Shanna

Subject: Re: [Namron] Namron Digest, Vol 82, Issue 29
I think that painting banners is a bad idea, personally. I believe it is
cost prohibitive, and messy.  The dye used for the banners is dye. Any
little drop could ruin clothes.
I also think it will create a traffic jam.
I also don't think that it will realistically create newcomers.

Just my two cents.
Adena