[Namron] Growing the Barony

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:49:52 PST 2013

Greetings, all. This evening I listened to His Majesty's presentation which
was essentially the same as the one he gave at Red Tape last weekend. It's
somewhat disheartening to look at the numbers -- event attendance and
number of groups both down by a third over the last six or seven years.

But it did get me thinking about possible steps. I know many people are
thinking about Gulf War right now, but after that comes Med Fair and the
spring eventing season - prime time to cultivate new or returning members.
What if we made a special effort before Med Fair to reach out to people
with whom we've had contact -- prospective members who never quite joined,
or members who have drifted away from the barony -- and invited them to
join us there, to watch the fighting and hang out for a while?  And then we
could encourage them to come to Beltane ....  Surely each of can think of a
person or two to contact.  Whaddya think? I've already sent out a couple of
"hey, haven't seen you for a while" messages which might or might not bear
fruit. (And if this sort of thing happens already, cool. )

Vigdis