[Namron] Free Lecture Friday 6:30 pm

Eckart, Ann M. ameckart at ou.edu
Tue Jan 8 10:28:40 PST 2013

The Medieval Fair is sponsoring another free lecture this Friday at the Norman Public Library at 6:30 pm.  Come learn more about the Middle Ages just for the fun of learning!  No papers, no tests, just interesting information about life long ago.

Lecture 4, Friday January 11, 2013
"Sacred Performances: Medieval Men and Women Dancing for God"
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., Norman Public Library, 225 N. Webster, Norman, OK 73069
Jessica Van Oort, Assistant Professor of Dance and the director of the St. Gregory's University Dance Program. From processions to passion plays to the dramatic physical performances of mystics and saints, medieval Christians used their bodies to explore their faith. Dr. Van Oort will discuss what we can guess and reconstruct about such performances and what we can't, and lead all who wish in a procession of our own.

Sincerely (87 days until Medieval Fair),
Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
Phone 405-325-8610     Fax 405-325-0860
ameckart at ou.edu<mailto:ameckart at ou.edu>