[Namron] looking for info on tent/pavilion making

Craig and Jen Massey knightsmount at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 13 15:35:36 PDT 2013

After much mental dredging, I have decided that I would like to build several canvas pavilions for use by our guests and for fund raising for our non-profit retreat for ill children and their families.
I'm looking for ideas, books, supplies, fellow tent makers, and others who might be willing to offer guidance in my journey toward becoming a tent maker.
Looking for mentors, suppliers, supplies, volunteers, helpers and grunts....

I have the sewing machines because of a past life endeavor as a commercial upholsterer.

If you would be willing to point me in the right direction and give me a push please use this magic medium of communication wizardry to send email or call.
ALSO willing to purchase or accept donations of existing tents, pavilions and supplies to help us get some guest "housing" and event structure set up.
Please contact:
Jen Massey  Director Knight's Rest Retreat, Inc.
918-367-8907
www.knightsrest.org

Our goal is to create a retreat with a medieval theme that would be available for SCA members to come live the life in a medieval village while adding character reality and fun which would ultimately benefit the critically ill children and their families who would be allowed to come to the retreat free of charge.
We recently received our Not for profit organization status with Oklahoma and hope to do some real fund raising this fall which is the reason for the need for a pavilion/tent.

We plan to have our "village" facility available for SCA group events.

Our property is located between I-40 and I-44 about 2 miles west of Hwy 48.  South and West of Tulsa about 45 miles.
Located a dead end road surrounded by several thousand acres of wildlife management area, this is the ultimate "get-away-from-it-all" destination without being too far off the beaten path.

If you would like to be part of our "set-up" phase and see your input really have an affect on the retreat, please email: knightsmount at earthlink.net

Donations of time, construction materials, guidance, gold, silver and other valuable assets graciously accepted(with tax deductible receipt).

Thank you in advance,
Jen and Craig Massey
www.knightsrest.org
918-367-8907