[Namron] Yard sale to benefit our tornado-affected populace

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:41:29 PDT 2013

Last night at populace meeting we discussed having a yard sale to benefit
our tornado affected members.  The response was enthusiastic so we are
going to go ahead with this.

The sale will be at Vigdis & Danr's house (1708 Pembroke Dr., Norman -- in
Brookhaven) next weekend.  It will probably be both Friday and Saturday,
assuming enough people volunteer to help both days.  Please contact me if
you would like to volunteer (if you did not already do so last night).
While this is a busy Saturday, with Northkeep's investiture and Lady
Kathleen's memorial service, it's the clearest day I could find for several
months, and I'd like to get the money to the beneficiaries as soon as
possible.

We will be selling the many, many donated items that do not fit our
affected populace, and then donating the money to those people.  That way
the generosity that has been shown on their behalf from around Ansteorra
(and even further) will benefit them as intended.

We also welcome other donations from Namron.  In particular, most of the
donations we have are clothing, so non-clothing items would round out the
sale nicely.

I also thought we could have a bake sale at the same time, and set up a
donation jar if people were moved to contribute more.  And if we dress in
garb and set up a pavilion for shade, we might get a few new members while
we are at it, or at least encourage a few more people to stop and take a
look.

WHAT I NEED:

Tables.  We have a couple of folding tables.  Are there more we can borrow?

Clothes Racks.  I have one small one.  Any more?

Folding ladder(s).  We have one.  These make good supports for clothes
poles.

Helpers.  Both on the day(s) of the sale and on a couple of days before
hand, to sort and make ready.  I will especially need people at about 7
a.m. as we haul things outside.  A herald would be good, too, to keep
control of early shoppers.

Shade.  As the day goes on, people are much more likely to stop if we have
shade.  We have our Norse tent but I don't think that's really a good
option --too closed-in.  Can we use a Namron pavilion?  Or do people have
popups we can borrow?

Baked goods.

Anything else?

Vigdis