[Namron] Yard sale to benefit our tornado-affected populace

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 18:01:44 PDT 2013

Here is an update on the progress of the yard sale after the first day.  It
was quite successful -- we sold a lot and have raised several hundred
dollars so far.  Here's hoping that tomorrow will be even better!

We have lots of clothes left but are running a little low on everything
else, so if you have a chance to sort out a few things and bring them by,
that would be wonderful.  (Address again is 1708 Pembroke, just north and
west of Robinson & 36th in NW Norman.)

It would also be very very helpful if anyone had another popup or two that
we could borrow.  We used the one that Baron Orlando brought over to cover
several of the tables during the heat of the day, and I think that really
made a difference in people's willingness to stop.

We are going to try to be a little flashy tomorrow, to help people decide
to stop and take a look.  Danr is going to set up our Viking a-frame.  I
will be wearing garb and spinning (although the garb and the wheel won't
match).  Bo may be able to come and demonstrate leatherworking.  So feel
free to come and be part of the attention-grabbing.  We do have a nice
shade tree to sit under.  The sale will run from 8-2 again, with setup
starting at 7:30.  We were able to just walk the loaded tables into our
garage although there is NO ROOM at all to spare, so setup should go faster
than it did this morning.

People were very interested in the reason behind the sale, and we heard
lots of tornado stories.  Valena got us pictures of Loemax's and Koke's
houses to put on the donation jar and they were quite the conversation
starters.  We are really hoping that tomorrow will be another good day.

In service,
Vigdis
360-3007 (home) or 474-3007 (cell)