[Namron] Demo Opportunity and a LOT of FUN!!

James Rushin dweezle35 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 16:04:36 PDT 2013

Greetings to the good gentles occupying the surrounding lands of our Fair
and Honorable Canton of Skorragardr.  The winter snows have spared us
hardship once again and the swift winds of spring have passed us by.  Niord
now turns his fiery gaze down upon us and bids us make tribute in sweat.
Skorragardr invites our noble friends and neighbors to join us in this
tribute and show the unenlightened people of this land what it means to Live
The Dream.

The Shawnee Independence Day Parade is July 4th and we have signed up to
have a walking display.  Parade start for walkers is 9:00 am at 1625 N.
Broadway.  The parade will end at the Veterans Memorial in Woodland Veterans
Park at Broadway & Highland.  We could use fighters, drummers, bards, anyone
who would like to march with us.  We have also been invited to set up a
pavilion and participate in the festivities at the park throughout the day.
This is an amazing chance to showcase what the SCA is all about to a large
group of people who have not had much exposure.  We can use ANYBODY who
would like to participate.  Come dress in garb, bring a craft, Armor up and
show off what we do for fun.  This is an amazing opportunity for recruitment
in an almost untapped community.  Please cross post to any lists or mailing
groups you see fit.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact
Ld. Allon McBaine at 405-760-0062.