[Namron] [Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorran War Banner

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:41:37 PDT 2013

OMG! In all of the excitement I forgot to mention about the new Arc d'Ors.
Thanks!

Both Kajira and Donnchadh have been working and encouraging Target Archery
and Combat Archery for years and Donnchadh has been NR Archery Marshal and
Combat Archery Commander at GW. Stories are still told about Kajira going
in to the Combat Archery Only Ravine battle, going up and killing a couple
of Trimarins that had brought a Pavise and were using it to hide behind,
taking the Pavise from them, carrying it over to our side and using it
against them. All the while one of their mothers that had helped to build
it was at first cheering and then saying "no, no, no"  - - -
Congratulations to Both!!

A special thanks to the Company of St. Sebastion who not only brought more
CA bolts than anyone else, they also shared them with many many people. I
had brought a large number of bolts and lots of crossbows but I still did
not have enough ammo to keep everyone going.

The Missile community worked as a team and because of it they were more
effective, the rest of the Ansteorran forces worked with us and that is
what made us really great. They would call out to the siege people to let
them know where to adjust their fire, they would call out to the archers
that they needed a certain person killed or that they were in danger
themselves, they would charge up and get in front of the archers to provide
a wall.

Although the Missile Community received the War Banner, we could not have
done it by ourselves. We are part of a greater group that did great deeds
at war this year:-)

YIS,
Vincenti