[Namron] MED FAIR - The Final Countdown!

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 26 15:41:25 PDT 2013

Like a War Messenger streaking through the night Medieval Fair is now upon
us and as we hurry and scurry to make final preparations we wish to share
some important notes with everyone.  One of our key goals in addition to
recruiting, educating and enjoying is to maintain a safe and Period Embassy.
Master Tadhg has done an outstanding job in giving us a colourful and
inviting Embassy and it is our duty to keep it in good spirits as well as
safe and inviting to our Patrons and fellow SCA'ers.  With that in mind here
are a few reminders:

.                     FAMILY FRIENDLY FAIR - Medieval Fair is very family
friendly with plenty of curious and excited children, not to mention adults
keeping close eye and ear upon us.  With that in mind please keep everything
you say and do family friendly.

.                     NO SMOKING - Reaves Park is completely smoke free; so
please do not smoke in the Lanes or backstage.

.                     VEHICLES & PARKING - Fair policy requires ALL motor
vehicles to be off the Fair grounds, including the path east of The Embassy
and the alley northwest of The Embassy (behind the Pirate Ship) by 9 am each
Fair day.  Please be sure you are in your day's parking spot by then.
Likewise vehicles may not return to the grounds until after 7 pm.  On-site
Parking Permits will be available in limited quantity Wednesday and Thursday
at setup and Handicap Placard Parking is available in the Reaves Park lots
on a first come first served.

.                     A PERIOD EMBASSY - Patrons look upon us as Fair Cast
and we need to live up to that role.  As our Patrons pass into The Embassy
we wish to share with them The Dream and leave mundanity behind.  Please
make sure your garb is not showing something from the future such as a
wristwatch or non-Period jewelry.  Of course medical necessities such as
eyeglasses, hearing aids and such are fine.  Turn off the cell phones or
better yet leave them in your vehicle.  While Patrons enjoy their
refreshments from plastic, foil and Styrofoam, please be sure to use Period
containers and Feast Gear.  Trust me, Patrons are fascinated by the small
details of our lives, including how we eat and drink and as such we will be
under constant scrutiny.  Along this line please keep your chairs and other
gear as close to Period as possible.  Fighters please be sure to keep your
"Battle Bags" and kits backstage; a storage area will be available.  Because
of space limitations no private tents, including Pop-Ups can be
accommodated.

.                     OUR CHILDREN - Even though Med Fair is a demo, parents
will be responsible for keeping track of their Children.  We will have a
Children's Garden with various fun activities for Patron and SCA Children
but this will not be a baby sitting service.  If they are old enough
encourage your Children to volunteer, be it assisting with Water Bearing or
helping in other areas of The Embassy.

.                     HAVE FUN AND LIVE YOUR CHARACTER - For most of us the
biggest enjoyment of Fair is being able to live in character and interact
with Patrons.  Understandably this can seem like a daunting task and we each
have our own feelings about interacting with the Public.  To help you out,
take a peek at this
link-http://medfair.baronyofnamron.org/getting-ready-for-fair  Also we are
all cordially invited to attend Final Dress Rehearsal for Fair Cast at 1 pm
Saturday March 30 at Reaves Park under the Small Pavilion just south of The
Embassy.  If there is enough interest following Dress, some of the Fair Cast
may be willing to hang around and host an informal class to give pointers
and tips on improv and enjoying life in the Lanes.

Alright-we hope we haven't scared you off but if we all do our part to keep
The Embassy safe and in Period we can look forward to a very fun and
successful Fair.  HAVE FUN!

In Service

The Triad

The Medieval Fair Staff of Directors