[Namron] A great weekend at Beltane!

Barone Orlando Di Gilead orlando at agilejedi.com
Tue May 7 13:49:57 PDT 2013

Greetings Everyone!

Her excellency and I were extremely pleased with how well the event went
this weekend. Everyone in Namron came together and really showed our guests
a good time. This weekend we welcome new champions to Namron. Lord Laurance
is now Namron's Archer, Lord Cian took the thrown weapons tournament,
Gabriel of Namron is our newest youth archer, Lord Allon is our title bard
and last but not least Lord Cornelius has earned the title of baronial
fool!

We have so many to thank for making Beltane what it was. I'd like to point
out a few but if I miss anyone please fill in for me. First, we must thank
our autocrats, Lord Loemax and Lady Sybilla, for the hard and sometimes
thankless work they put in to making Beltane a success.

We'd like to thank Lady Adarin for running all of the children's activities
including the Maypole and Spang Hewing! This is one of our biggest draws
each year and we were honored to have her expertise.

Thank you to our outgoing Champions for the great and exciting Tournaments
they hosted and thank you to Lady Margherita for organizing the A&S display
and Gift Baskets as well as Lady Veronique for working all night to finish
the new pass down cloaks!

Thank you to Mistress Adeana and HL Kyna for a well run Tavern with lots of
tasty food. Most tavern's seek to break even. The Terricsdottir Tavern
actually made a large profit for the Barony!

Thank you to Trevor and Felemid for hosting one of the most exciting
highland games we have had. We had many well thought out games, great
prizes and 28 competitors...good job!

Thank you to Lady Alicia and Lady Candelan for preparing and hosting a
wonderful  Nobles and Champion's luncheon AND thank you to the brewers
(Miles, Elyssa, Alexander, etc) who brought wonderful offering for the
beer/ale tasting.

Thank you to Jason and Kazimir for organizing the Chivalric and Rapier
games. They were extremely entertaining.

Thank you to Sandie who organized the evening revel and to Steven for
organizing the camp cookoff.

We really appreciate the members of the Northern Metal Worker's Guild for
graciously bringing out their forges. It was a great way to "ring" in the
season.

Thank you so much to Countess Kat, HL Branaslava and HL Shana for the help
with our scrolls!

Thank you to Wolfgang and the Baronial Guard for doing such a wonderful job.

Thank you to our cousins from Weisenfeuer and Eldern who brought their
pavilions to share with our guests!

Finally, thank you to all who helped with entourage, setup and tear-down.
We couldn't do this with out you!

in service,
Orlando and Caterina
Barone et Baronessa