[Namron] Blankets for kids affected by the tornado

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 04:36:21 PDT 2013

Today's tornado-related project just showed up in my email. I have
occasionally made blankets for Project Linus, a group which supplies
blankies to kids who have been through something tough, and the local group
coordinator reported that they have been asked to provide 450 blankets to
Plaza Towers Elementary. They've already given out 200 this week, and have
committed to providing 150 to a group of military children next week, so
they need lots of blanket makers now! When I first started this I was a
little skeptical of the need for it but then I saw how my totally
untraumatized kids glommed onto the blankets and thought about what a
tactile comfort it would be.

They accept any kind of blanket (quilted, tied, no-sew fleece, knitted,
crocheted, am I missing anything?) in any size between 36x45 and twin bed,
although they say 45x60 is ideal. There are drop-off sites in OKC, Norman,
Moore, and Blanchard, or I will collect blankets and take them to one of
the drop-off sites if you like.  Just email me off list, or call me at
360-3007.

I know we have lots of sewers in this group, and many who want to help but
can't for physical or work-related reasons, and thought this project might
appeal to some of you.  I'm a firm believer in finding the way to help that
seems right for you, and wanted to put this out there.

Vigdis