[Namron] Archery at Namron's Protectorate this past weekend

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 20:07:52 PDT 2013

Thanks to everyone who helped to make the Fun Shoot at Protectorate a
*really* fun shoot.  We challenged archers to design an enjoyable target or
shoot for the day, and the response was great.  Lady Bianca & the Honorable
Lord Laurence created the splendid book target and designed an excellent
team shoot, with teams representing Ansteorra and Calentir.  The ap Dewy
clan's wonderful Dead Duck Shoot, complete with splendid poetry, was
created in recognition of Baron Donnchadh Beag Mac Griogair's regrettable
discourtesy in Calontir last week.  Lord Griffin Fane's enormous dragon
was great fun to shoot -- especially when it fell down once killed.  Lord
Ulrich's Evil Elmo and Dragon were both challenging targets.  And both Lord
Laurence and Lord Danr developed shoots that made us (well, me, at any
rate) rethink the way we approach archery -- Ld. Laurence with his
football-tipped arrows, and Ld. Danr with his one-eyed Odin shoot.  What a
magnificent day!  By a vote of all participants, the Dead Duck shoot was
recognized as the Most Fun Shoot, and were awarded the beautiful
leather-topped box made by Lord Laurence.

I would be remiss indeed not to mention the gracious presence and
participation in the shoots of Their Majesties Nicollet Deuville, Queen of
Ansteorra, and Issabell St. Charles, Queen of Calontir.  I hope we made
your day brighter as well.

Submitted this day by Lady Vigdis Gráfeldr and Lord Danr Roðrson