[Namron] Friday April 18 Lecture or Movie

Eckart, Ann M. ameckart at ou.edu
Wed Apr 9 16:08:30 PDT 2014

I really didn't do this on purpose but there are two events happening Friday April 18th.  Now pardon me while I go practice my cat herding skills; I seem to be slipping.

Lecture 5 - Friday April 18, 2014
Norman Public Library, 225 N. Webster
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
"The Extraordinary Journey of Finch and Baines"
Jamie Hart, Professor and Chair, History Dept., OU
This lecture will trace the unique educational and professional lives of two young Englishmen, John Finch and Thomas Baines, in the mid seventeenth century, and will examine what their experience of life-long partnership has to tell us about European society, diplomacy, and intellectual exchange, in a time of deep uncertainty and conflict.

Also showing...
Friday April 18, 2014 7:00 pm
StART Norman, 227 W. Main Street (locally known as "The Old Lumber Yard")
"And They Sang a New Song: Twenty-four Musical Elders at Santiago de Compostela"
A film by Dr. Susan Caldwell and Dr. Eugene Enrico of the University of Oklahoma with Q&A afterwards. This presentation employs art history and music history to discover the meaning of the 24 Elders of the Apocalypse carved in the late 12th century Portico de la Gloria of the pilgrimage church at Santiago de Compostela.  The video examines the musical instruments held by the 24 elders, while exploring their meaning within the complex iconography of the sculpted portals of the Portico, which are filmed in breathtaking detail. The Oklahoma Collegium Musicum and the Early Music Institute, both directed by Thomas Binkley, perform music from the CODEX CALIXTINUS. Written, directed and narrated by Eugene Enrico and Susan Havens Caldwell.
Produced in Spain and France by Enrico, Caldwell, and David Smeal.

Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
PACE - Professional, Academic and Community Education
Phone 405-325-8610     Fax 405-325-0860
ameckart at ou.edu<mailto:ameckart at ou.edu>
www.medievalfair.org<http://www.medievalfair.org/>

(The 39th Annual Medieval Fair of Norman will be March 27, 28 & 29, 2015.  Just 352 days away!)