[Namron] Beltane Bardic Competition

James Rushin dweezle35 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:56:18 PDT 2014

Greetings Good Gentles One and All,

Beltane is upon us and a grand celebration it will truly be.  As Namron's
Titled Bard it is my duty to make the passing of my title as grand an
occasion as an event of the current magnitude merits.  With that being said,
the format and formalities of the competition for Namron's next Titled Bard
are as follows:

1.	This Event will add another page to the history of this great
Barony.  I entreat all competitors to look to Namron's history for
encouragement and guidance.  Each person willing to accept the duties of
Titled Bard of Namron will be required to seek out sponsorship by one of the
members of the Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm.

2.	Competitors will be required to have 2 pieces ready for the
competition and should be presented in the format of a song, story, or poem.
The first and opening piece will be themed around springtime, fertile lands,
coming seasons, etc.  or WAR!  The second piece will be performed by those
who make it to a final round as determined by the judges.  The format for
the second piece will be about or pertaining to the Order of the Heart of
the Sable Storm, its members, or a specific member of the Order past,
present, or future.

3.	Judges will be Their Newly Crowned Excellencies and myself.  Your
sponsoring Storm will be encouraged to speak to the judges on your behalf
about how they felt you best represented the spirit of the competition, the
Order,  and accomplished the stated goals.

4.	Members of the Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm are encouraged
to seek out their favorite bards and storytellers and offer sponsorship into
the competition.  At the very least, make yourselves known and be willing to
present a bard to the populace for the competition.

5.	Have FUN and ENJOY YOUR CRAFT!!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Please cross-post on any and all mailing lists you see fit as well as the
different social media sites you may have access to.

Yours in Service,

Lord Allon McBaine

Titled Bard of Namron