[Namron] Upcoming Demos

Kirsten Pupek via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Dec 22 11:10:53 PST 2014

Greetings all! I have finally had the time to look up some demos for us for the coming year and wanted to get them out to you ASAP so that you might get them on your calendars. J

On Saturday January 10, the Medieval Fair Crew is holding a mid-winter ball. It starts at 5:30 p.m. and will be held at the Oklahoma Memorial Union, 900 Asp Avenue, Norman. I will not be able to attend, as I will be at crown tournament, but if anyone else is able to go I think it would be good publicity for us. Tickets are a little steep though at $40 per person.

On Sunday February 8, I would like for us to attend the Affair of the Heart at the OK State Fairgrounds in garb. There are lots of people there that are into crafty things and I think it would be a good recruitment avenue to pursue. We can pick a time and place to meet closer to the event.
Medieval Fair, as always, will serve as our demo for March. It will be held March 27-29 at Reeves Park.  In April, let’s plan to attend the Norman Music Festival in garb. The Festival runs Friday April 24-Sunday April 26. We can choose a date and time closer to the event.  There are no good events publicized for May yet so I will keep an eye out for other opportunities like a movie or park demo.
In June let’s plan to attend the 2nd Friday art Walk in Norman. It will be held on Friday June 12.
Sunday July 10 we will crash a bead show! Talk about a great recruitment opportunity! The bead show will be held Sunday July 10 at the OK State Fairgrounds. We can pick a time and place to meet closer to the event.
In August, we will plan to attend the Norman Midsummer Night’s Fair in garb. The fair is being held from Friday August 21-Saturday August 22. We can choose a date and time closer to the event.
In September I am hoping that we will be invited to attend the Choctaw Octoberfest again. It will be held September 4-12 so keep it in mind and I will post more as it gets closer if we are invited to attend and hold a demo.
There are no good events publicized for October yet so I will keep an eye out for other opportunities like a movie or park demo.
Those are all the dates that I have items scheduled for at this time. I will keep looking for opportunities and keep you all posted as they become available.
YIS,HE Caterina
Hospitaler