[Namron] Mardi Gras Parade

Eckart, Ann M. ameckart at ou.edu
Fri Feb 28 21:59:14 PST 2014

Saturday March 1st is the annual Norman Mardi Gras parade, and as has been the case in the past, the Medieval Fair will be a part of the festivities. This year we will all be on foot, with lights, dragons, and Beatles! (No truck or trailer to ride on.  It just wasn't safe last year.)  That's right, the theme for this year's parade is the Beatles 50th Anniversary and we are recreating the Beatles cartoon where they sing a dragon to sleep, fast forward to about 12:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPdX3k86Wzg

The dragon (being made by Leslie Raymond) will be marching with us in the Parade (will need about 6 people), and we'll be looking for some folks to play the roles of the Fab Four (probably from AOA), as well as a Merlin and an armored knight(s) (probably from SCA) and a sizable retinue to dispense beads and candy of course.

We'll be meeting at 6:10 at the corner of S. Peters and E. Comanche in downtown Norman (the plan is to park in the Arvest parking lot). Remember to bring a cloak just in case Oklahoma decides to get nasty.

Bring flashlights or lanterns. If you have time, make fake torches or lanterns to hide our modern flashlights. But this is Mardi Gras and more fun than "period".

Thank you everyone for all your hard work this year, and for being so supportive to Medieval Fair. I hope to see you there!

Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
Phone 405-325-8610     Fax 405-325-0860
ameckart at ou.edu<mailto:ameckart at ou.edu>