[Namron] Guard meeting results

Willowrose Smith willowrosesmith at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:42:08 PDT 2014

Good Monday morning all,

We had a fantastic meeting on Sunday with some really good results.
The end product is this.

We will make long tabbards in varying sizes for the "conscripted"
(people pulled in last second to fill holes for events) guard. For the
permanent guard if you wish your uniform made by funds from the
Barony, the Barony will own that uniform, you have the option to
purchase your uniform yourself and barter is an option if you are low
on funds. However, the upside is that you may make your uniform (in
Barony colors of course) in your own time period and per your own
persona.

We will be making an example stock tabbard, which those who are
permanent guard who cannot get their own or choose not to get their
own can also wear, the creation of which will be done at A&S. Anyone
who wants to help sew up the conscript uniforms are welcome to assist.

Captain Wolfgang was also kind enough to go over some of the history
of organized guards as well as give historical examples of guard
uniforms and brought some of his own uniforms and several books as
well.

Everyone did a fantastic job of adding historical information or just
good opinions, thank you to everyone who came including those where
were not even members of the guard who just had great insight.

And finally thank you to our fantastic Baron and Baroness for
attending and giving their own great ideas and insight.

Tonight at A&S we will be starting the work of price lists (anyone who
has experience with that I would absolutely love your assistance, and
if anyone has yellow and black material to make a barbie sized version
of the tabbard and wish to donate to the cause, I am forever in your
debt. Also if anyone wants to bring sewing machines and wish to bring
them along for the same purpose, you are the awesome. So come one,
come all to fun Guard example tabbard making fun fun fun!

In service,
Willow