[Namron] H&8th Night Market

Sibylla Sybilla at firemoonglass.com
Sat Jul 26 15:58:26 PDT 2014

Has anybody heard of this huge street party in downtown Oklahoma City?

Went last night and had a lot of fun. When I got there my first thought
was if it could be an opportunity for a Flash Mob or a demo. As the
evening continued my positive feelings changed. Other members may have
different thoughts on the possibility.

It is a free event of local food/vending trucks selling all sorts of
foods. It occurs the last Friday of each month, Mar-Sep. It's an evening
of food, craft beer, and music. The city blocks off Hudson street,
between 6th and 10th street. Started a couple of years ago at Hudson &
8th street, hence the name. Started with two vendors and about 100
people. This year in April was 15,000 people. Last night was almost 50
food trucks and it was assessed that attendance has doubled.

As the evening went on and the crowds grew, it got to the point that I
felt we were continuously walking sideways to get through the mobs. Not
something to do in full garb, in my opinion.

You can learn more at h8thokc.com and Facebook. There's also a couple of
video's on YouTube.

Sibylla
ask me how I got a string of beads from the vendor at the Cajun vending
truck.