[Namron] Campfire safety

Cynthia Teague cmt1708 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 10:43:11 PDT 2014

Greetings to the populace of the Barony of Namron!

After the brush fire & the person who got burned yesterday, Danr and I
realized that we could use a better understanding of campfire safety. We've
been doing what we see others do and what seems sensible, but maybe that's
not enough. Would someone more experienced be willing to write an article
in the Plume about how to safely use a portable fire bowl, how to dispose
of ashes, what to do if a fire does spread, etc.? We are adding a folding
shovel and a fire extinguisher to our packing list, but I'd love to see a
comprehensive overview.

I thought about looking on line for information, but there are so many
people in our group who have been dealing with fires and the kind of
camping we do for so many years that I really would like to hear what they
have to say. For instance, if it's just not safe to build a fire in the
morning when you are leaving an event at noon, that would be very helpful
to know but not the kind of thing a general fire safety tip list would
cover.

YIS,
Lady Vigdis Gráfeldr