[Namron] Axeman -- Dia de Muertos party

Day, Jack W. via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Thu Oct 30 14:05:49 PDT 2014

Hello,

I posted this info to the Axeman Facebook page a few weeks ago, but apparently I never sent it here. Better late than never, I suppose:

Greetings!

Lady Kersten and I are huge fans of Día de Muertos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_Dead) and, as such, are planning on holding a party on Saturday night of Axeman in celebration of the holiday. We welcome everyone to join us as we celebrate the lives and memories of those who have passed, both in our society and within our personal lives. Please join us and help us share their memories through song, stories, and general merriment.

We are planning on bringing chips and various types of salsa, sugar and/or chocolate skulls, and probably a cake or two. If you wish to bring any food or drink, we welcome it although it's certainly not required. Traditionally people bring foods that are favorites of those whose lives they are celebrating, although anything Mexican serves as a fine default.

Additionally, we're planning on setting up an ofrenda to provide a place of remembrance for the deceased. You're welcome to bring items your loved ones cherished (games, toys, clothes, or other small mementos) or that hold personal significance to your memories of them, should you wish.

Hope to see you there!

YIS,
Ld. Cornelius Merilainen