[Namron] Medieval Fair- SCA Academy

Kolfinna Egilsdóttir via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Dec 14 07:00:32 PST 2016

I'd like to gauge interest in the SCA Academy (placeholder name,
suggestions for something catchy are welcome!) at MedFair. The proposed
format is:

Straight lecture/demo with no audience involvement shouldn't exceed 15
minutes. Attention spans are short at festivals.

Instructional presentations with hands-on component shouldn't exceed 30
minutes. These are "teaser" classes.

Presentations would be scheduled on the hour. This allows time for classes
that may run over, for presenters to chat with highly interested patrons
afterwards, and for cleanup/setup between presentations.

On an hour without a scheduled presentation, we could use the space for
something like medieval board games. Or, we could have the salon
recommended by Teka housed in the space so that demonstration continues
during unscheduled hours. An empty and inactive pavilion is our bane!

What type of lectures/demos would you volunteer to lead? Would you do it
more than once? For example: "How to get the most out of the SCA as a
newcomer," twice daily. Or "Poke them with pointy end," once on Sunday.

This is a concept at this time-- I look forward to your suggestions on how
we can put this into action.

YIS,
Kolfinna Egilsdóttir