[Namron] MedFair Demo Thanks!

Kolfinna Egilsdóttir via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 3 09:37:35 PDT 2017

To all who read my missive, I send the warmest of greetings! This past
weekend, the Barony of Namron had the pleasure of hosting our “Share the
Dream” SCA demo at the Norman Medieval Fair. Faced with severe storms,
multiple site layout changes due to flooding and a surprise overnight storm
that leveled roughly half the site, SCAdians from near and far joined
together to ensure that visitors to the fair never noticed our
difficulties. I deeply apologize that I will certainly fail in recognizing
everyone who contributed to this demo. Know that your contributions are all
equally valued and appreciated!

Special thanks go to:

Her Royal Majesty, Margarita de Mantua, for showing fair patrons the
strength and grace that epitomizes the populace of the Kingdom of
Ansteorra. (And for the embroidery lesson!)

To Baklava Horsejohnson for being himself and providing hours of
entertainment for fair patrons and SCAdians alike.

Their Excellencies of Namron, Baron Andrew and Baroness Kyna, and the
populace of Namron, for entrusting me with planning and coordinating this
demo as my first autocrat role in the SCA, and their tireless support in
making it a reality.

Their Excellencies of Wiesenfeuer, Baroness Valia and Baroness Diedre, for
their support in the areas of logistics, planning, equipment, and personnel.

Their Excellencies of Eldern Hills, Baron Aeden and Baroness Sabiha, for
their equipment provision and coordination of delivery.

The Province of Mooneschadowe for their equipment provision and
coordination of delivery.

The Canton of Haldtre for their equipment provision and coordination of
delivery.

The Canton of Skorragardr for running our Hospitality tent, led by Lady
Maura and Baroness Annabelle. Thank you to all of their volunteers and
donors!

The Oak Spring SCA group for providing tokens for our fighters to give
their young inspirations.

The Household of Wolfstar for use of their portable wall, even though the
Oklahoma wind hated it.

The Tribe, who came through with flying colors to repair pavilion poles
after 90 m.p.h. winds caused damage Saturday night.

The numerous brave souls who camped on site during severe storms and
dropped as many pavilions as possible at 4 in the morning to minimize
damages!

Lady Uliana for her untiring support, assistance with innumerable projects,
and ability to keep me relatively sane. And, thanks to Centurion Mikolay for
asking, “What can I do?” at least 500 times throughout the weekend.

Herr Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen for his year-round work and commitment to
providing entertaining education opportunities to fairgoers and his
assistance with a multitude of tasks. He was consistently first to arrive
and last to leave.

Boiarynia Ekaterina for coordinating the main list activities, and
convincing fighters to let us put stickers on some beautiful helms. Thank
you to everyone who assisted with fighter sign-in and marshaling!

Lady Vaduny Cel Tradat for coordinating Waterbearing activities, and the
team who assisted her. Waterbearer presence was exceptional all weekend!

Lady Muireen for wrangling youth fighters, providing them with hours of
combat opportunities, and talking with interested families. Thank you to
everyone who assisted her!

Lady Rebekah and Dietrich for guarding the porta-potties when we were
waiting for them to be dumped, and for taking care of the small and
inglorious tasks around site that went unnoticed, but kept people happy.

Lord Donnan and Lady Abigail for providing our performance arts pavilion
and for being exceptionally gracious when I moved the Childrens’ Activities
tent every morning! Thanks to Lady Liadan and everyone who assisted.
Special thanks to the Schaefer children for their hard work in various
endeavors throughout the weekend!

Lady Aibhilin for providing exceptional voice and harp performances
throughout the weekend, and for her efforts in providing a consistent
performance schedule.

The Ansteorran Hospitalers and Seneschals who provided their group
information to us so we could serve every patron who expressed interest in
the SCA. Special thanks to Lady Uliana and Lady Kizzie for their work with
the information booth.

Baron Donnchadh Beag Mac Griogair and HL Cian for running the hugely
successful Combat Archery demonstration, and to everyone who assisted them.

Lord Ian and everyone who assisted him with woodworking, archery,
leatherworking, and cooking demonstrations throughout the weekend,
including Evan (?) from Kommando Kilts who helped with setup.

Lady Cera for her amazing tanning demonstrations.

Lord Raibert Herrera for the demonstrations of the metalworking craft that
I forget the name of. (Sorry!)

Everyone who demonstrated the incredible artistry of Ansteorra in our Arts
& Sciences pavilions.

Baroness Mommy Ayesha for the beautiful SCA history and arts display in a
small space under Olaf.

HL Wilhelm and The Firestorm Honey Guild for their popular beekeeping
presentations and displays.

Lady Kersten for coordinating the SCA Academy, even though we learned that
MedFair was not the appropriate venue :-)

All of our Middle Eastern drummers and dancers, who always put on a great
show.

Jake Martin, Allison Lieb, and the taiko performers. You were awesome!

Lady Angelina and Lord Cornelius for coordinating and leading court dancing
performances.

Sunewa and The Horde for running Far Corner Tavern.

My husband, Yancy, for taking care of all of the mundanity related to
family life so that I could focus on the demo, and for all of his help
slogging gear through the mud.

HE Kyna and Lady Uliana for coordinating our Saturday night revel and
finding an indoor location when the weather was uncooperative. Thank you to
everyone who helped clean up the site and gently removed overenthusiastic
revelers when it was over.

Every single person who came out to join us. We have received so much
positive feedback from fair patrons, the University of Oklahoma, and the
Norman Arts Council. We couldn’t have done it without you!

Yours in Service to the Dream (and to very long messages),
Kolfinna Egilsdóttir