[Namron] Medieval Fair Free Lecture Friday

Eckart, Ann M. via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Mar 1 14:59:40 PST 2017

The next lecture of the 2016-2017 Medieval Fair Free Lecture Series is this Friday!

**Please note location at WEST Library and starting time at 6:15pm** Friday, Mar. 3, 2017, 6:15 p.m. Please arrive early for best seating.

Norman Public Library WEST, 300 Norman Center Court (former site of Borders Bookstores), Norman, OK 73072

"Arabic Astrology in Medieval Europe: Texts and Practices" presented by Margaret Gaida, Ph.D. Candidate in the History of Science at the University of Oklahoma.

>From the birth of princes to the death of kings, from predicting the outcome of illnesses to ensuring the success of a marriage,  astrology ruled over many aspects of medieval life. But what were the origins of medieval astrological knowledge? This talk traces the influence of Arabic wisdom on medieval Europe from tenth-century Syria to twelfth-century Spain, to courts and universities throughout Europe at the end of the Middle Ages.

Come learn more about the middle ages just for the fun of learning!

No papers, no tests, just interesting information about life long ago.

For more information about the Medieval Fair Free Lecture Series visit https://medievalfair.org/blog/ Join the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/248685322235868/

**Also, join us this Saturday March 4th for the Medieval Fair Ball at Sooner Legends.  More details on our website at https://medievalfair.org/blog/ or at the Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/1428621390503976/ .**

[cid:image001.png at 01D292AA.E1F32670]

Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
OU Outreach
Phone 405-325-8610       ameckart at ou.edu<mailto:ameckart at ou.edu>
www.medievalfair.org<http://www.medievalfair.org>

Igniting the spark of curiosity that leads to lifelong learning through educational entertainment.
30 days until the 41st Annual Medieval Fair of Norman on March 31st, April 1st and 2nd, 2017.