[Namron] Newcomer Event Information

Hospitaler of Namron hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org
Wed Apr 25 08:36:12 PDT 2018

We have a schedule for this Saturday's Newcomer Event! It will be held
Saturday, April 28, from 3-11pm, at TE Andrew and Kyna's home, 4200 E.
Franklin Rd, Norman, OK 73026

***PLEASE RSVP to hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org (not as a reply to this
email) if you are a newcomer planning to attend, or if you are a member who
has signed up to help. Thank you!***

3:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Chivalric combat (sword & shield), archery, rapier (fencing), and thrown
weapons (axe, knife, spear). Please bring groin protection if you'd like to
try Chivalric or rapier combat. We have equipment you can use for all
Martial activities!

**Archery will run from 3-5, followed by a siege engine demonstration. See
what a trebuchet can do!

Arts & Sciences exploration- several of our members will be displaying
various arts that we do in the SCA, with plenty of opportunities to try
them yourself.

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm

A light Feast will be served. There is no charge for the feast. A $7
donation is recommended for current members.

First remove (first course)
Bread, cheese, pickled vegetables

Second remove
Bratwurst, baked potato, mixed greens salad

Third remove
Peach cobbler

7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Court! Learn about court in the SCA; it's the time when we make
announcements, recognize the achievements of our members, and have
occasional shenanigans. We have surprises for you, so don't miss it!

8:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Bonfire Bardic Circle
If weather (and burn ban) permits, we will light a fire, otherwise, we will
be under a pavilion. Listen to some medieval songs written just for the
SCA! You can join in if you like, or just enjoy the ambiance.

9:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Social time to chat. If we have enough people, some Middle Eastern drumming
and dancing (belly dance) might happen.

11:00 pm
Event is over. Go home!

Newcomer Tip: SCA time is fluid, so there may be a little variation in
specific start times. :-)

Bring a chair and feast gear (if you have it- we will have extra on hand
for newcomers).

Yours in Service,
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir
Hospitaler, Barony of Namron