[Namron] Medieval Fair Lecture Rescheduled

Eckart, Ann M. ameckart at ou.edu
Thu Dec 6 12:43:35 PST 2018

Lecture rescheduled!
Due to the incoming inclement weather we are rescheduling this Friday's lecture, "Byzantine Art and Contemporary Fashion" by Dr. Rozmeri Basic, to Friday January 18th, 2019.
Upcoming Medieval Fair events:
Medieval Fair at Norman Christmas Parade
Saturday, Dec. 8, 6pm Downtown Norman Main Street, goes from Flood to Crawford.
**If postponed by weather it will be rescheduled to Saturday, Dec. 15th.
Come cheer us on at the Norman Christmas Parade as cast members, support groups and volunteers carol and dance our way down Main Street.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/653060161755625/

End of year giving.
If you are looking for a way to show your appreciation and support of the Medieval Fair Department programming, we have simplified the process with an online donation option.  There is a donate button on our website https://medievalfair.org/ home page or you can follow this link to the foundation https://giving.oufoundation.org/OnlineGivingWeb/Giving/OnlineGiving/MedievalFair .  Donations are tax deductible and support our lecture series, medieval fair ball, and the medieval fair.
Medieval Fair Free Lecture Series
Friday, Jan. 18, 6:15pm - 7:30pm, Norman Public Library WEST (300 Norman Center Ct.)
"Byzantine Art and Contemporary Fashion" presented by Rozmeri Basic, Professor of Art History, OU School of Visual Arts, Art History, University of Oklahoma
Dr. Basic will discuss the controversy created by Dolce et Gabbana's Byzantine fashion collection, created in 2013-14 and presented during the popular Milan Fashion Week. The designers found inspiration in what are commonly described as the "Byzantine style mosaics" of the twelfth-century cathedral in Monreale, Sicily-but some people protested against the use of religious symbolism for commercial gain.
The Medieval Fair Free Lecture Series is cosponsored by the OU Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
Facebook event:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1847686372008076/
Medieval Fair Ball
Saturday, Jan. 26, 6pm-10pm, Molly Shi Boren Ballroom of the Oklahoma Memorial Union, 900 Asp Ave.
Tickets are $25 and available through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/medieval-fair-ball-tickets-53079923480
Learn the lively and exciting dances of the medieval and renaissance time periods while you dine, drink, and dance the night away! Sumptuous hors d'oeuvres will be provided by University Catering for your feasting pleasure and a cash bar for beverages. The Unpronounceable Irish Band led by Bruce Cannon will surround you with music as you learn the dances from the J. Lang of Einini. Neither partner nor experience needed. Medieval and renaissance costumes are always fun but optional (no weapons, costume or otherwise, allowed). Tickets are limited. $25 in advance or $30 at the door - only if any tickets remain.
(Parking is available in the adjacent Union Parking Center at $2 per car, per hour with a maximum of $14 per day.)
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/525237667992187/