[Namron] State Fair of Oklahoma Opportunity

Hospitaler of Namron hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org
Fri May 18 08:56:41 PDT 2018

Greetings!

This will be long, so bear with me to the end! The State Fair of Oklahoma
has a 3-5 year opportunity that may be of interest to your group. Plans
have not been announced by the Fair yet, so please keep discussions limited
to closed groups on Facebook, etc for now, as much as possible.

The State Fair is looking to add a jousting arena and shows beginning in
2019. As a 501(c)(3), they depend on volunteers to fill numerous positions
and are looking for people to assist with this new attraction.

The joust would likely be scheduled three times per day, Monday-Thursday,
and four times per day, Friday-Sunday. In between jousting showtimes, other
performances would occur on an attached stage. The request that we have
received is to provide 6-8 volunteers daily who will sit on a platform as
King and Queen through the attraction hours, with two attendants.
Participants would rotate throughout the day in order to rest, eat, and
enjoy the fair. Ideally, various groups would commit to one or two days of
the eleven-day fair. No one particular group would be expected to provide
people for the full run of the fair. The attraction is tentatively planned
to run from 1-8 pm, Monday-Thursday, and 11 am-8 pm, Friday-Sunday.

Pre-registered volunteers would receive complimentary Fair admission and
parking near the attraction for their dates of participation.

There are secondary opportunities for vendors, performers, and artisan
displays. These would be for each of the eleven days; a much larger
commitment.

If your group is interested, and would potentially be able to commit to one
day (ESPECIALLY if it is Monday-Thursday), please contact me at
hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org by Thursday, May 24. Please do not reply to
all!

Detailed scheduling would not occur until summer of 2019. I am also
interested in your pros/cons, as well as questions, so feel free to send
them. I will address them all to the best of my ability. This new
attraction is still a work in progress and we have some limited
opportunities for shaping it.

Kindest regards,
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir
Hospitaler, Barony of Namron