[Namron] January Business Meeting

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 21 07:13:27 PST 2019

Disclaimer: I am not the best note taker but its something I hope to improve on. Please find my notes from the recent business meeting. All errors are the fault of my own. Please feel free to join us at future business meetings if you can.

Seneschal
 Office is in transition
 Makes sure waivers are in right after practice
 All blue card practice
 Waivers are in place
 Beltane tavern bids by March business meeting
 Searching for Protectorate sites
There is a conflict for March 7th pop meeting.  Populace meeting will be help at Norman Public Schools Admin, 131 S Flood Ave, Norman, OK 73069

Treasurer
 Office is transitioning
 The barony is doing well financially
 The outstanding inventory report is being completed

Herald
 Has been handling several submissions recently and getting them sent up.
 Has been delegating more of his Thrown Weapons duties to his deputy so he can focus more on heraldry.
 Practices have been difficult to have lately due to weather situations.
A&S
 The A&S night for Beginning Kumihimo class was well attended.
 A upcoming T tunic class is coming soon.  Watch for updates.
 Winterkindom is January 26th.
 Putting together a display of costume through our time for Protectorate

Hospitaler
 Two new deputies
 The hospitaler team wants to begin showing a presence at practices.
 Needing help with Gold Key, need donations
 Presentable t tunics for larger size people
 Fabric to make them
 Business cards purchased
 Library is ours in march to display items
 Wentz Castle in Ponca City as possible site
 Medieval Faire plans coming
 Developing a class to demonstrate effective ways to talk to newcomers that might be interested in the SCA before Med Faire.

Knights Marshal
 Fighter practice continues
 Experiencing issues at practice with cold weather.  When they close the doors, the fumes from the heaters make it difficult for fighters.
 Managing temps the best they can
 Collecting donations at fighter practices to help pay for heat
 Going to collect throughout the year so it makes it more affordable next year

Excellencies
 Had an excellent time at Crown and are excited for the new Prince and Princess Vladislav and Margaret
 Their Excellencies encouraged road tripping to events.  Its fun and creates a tighter community.

Haldtre is having a demo soon, Feb 23rd
Medieval Faire Discussed
 Planning meeting is Jan 24th at the Pioneer Library in Norman at 7:00 pm
Gulf Wars discussed
 Planning meeting is Jan 28th at West Wind Universalist at 7:30pm
Beltane Discussed
 Planning meeting is Jan 31st ( I did not catch the location.  Watch for updates)

Sent from my iPad