[Namron] Officer Applications PSA

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 8 10:31:55 PST 2020

Greetings, Good Gentles of the Storm!

At the January 2020 Round Table, Seneschals were asked to match Officer
changes with Round Table dates as often as possible to make it easier for
new officers to obtain warranting at the beginning of their terms. As
you've noticed, we have several positions open in the Barony of Namron
right now, and that is why. In theory, you would see most transitions
happening in January or July because of this request. We do have several
officer positions open for application right now, so I thought I'd share
three less frequently discussed tidbits that might encourage you to
consider one of them.

Officer positions are primarily administrative. You don't have to be an
expert in a particular area, just willing to file reports and become more
familiar with the activities of the office. Every officer position has a
learning curve, but we have so many wonderful people who are willing to
help you get going!

Secondly, the warrant term for an officer is six months. It automatically
renews every six months until you reach two years. If you would like to
extend for another six months after the two years, you may request an
extension from our Landed Nobility.

The third point is that as a Baronial officer, you are responsible for
ensuring that the requirements of your office are met, but you're not
necessarily responsible for doing it all yourself! You can delegate tasks
to a deputy, coordinate with other officers, or find other creative
solutions depending on the situation. While being an officer does require a
certain amount of work, it should also be fun for you!

If you have any questions about a particular office, please feel free to
contact me, and I would be happy to answer those questions. We are
currently accepting applications through January 7, 2021, for Knight's
Marshal, Seneschal, Herald, and Webminister.

In Service,
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir
Seneschal, Barony of Namron

In Service,