[Namron] Ansteorra Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Sat Jan 25 08:01:42 PST 2020

News from the Seneschal:

Last of the three big topics I wanted to share from Round Table. This one
has me very excited! I've volunteered to help it grow, and I hope you'll
embrace this important addition to our Kingdom resources.

In Service,
Frú Kolfinna Egilsdóttir
Seneschal, Barony of Namron

*****

>From the Kingdom Facebook group:

Good afternoon, Ansteorra.  I hope all of you are well.  I write to
introduce myself.  As announced here and other places, I am the new Kingdom
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer.  I am thrilled to begin and look
forward to working with you.  The email address for this office is now
working: diversity at seneschal.ansteorra.org and I welcome your thoughts and
ideas.

I would like to include some clarifications, as well as information on
sca.org about this role.

This office is not a compliance office and isn't a place to report a
complaint.  If you wish to do that, please contact the Kingdom Seneschal,
as well as the other proper officers.

The purpose of this office is to be a resource, an educator, a place
groups, and the officers who run them, can do to ensure that every proud
Ansteorran, as well as any one who wishes to be, feels welcome and included
under our Sable Star.  We all love this game, and part of the purpose of
this office is to work with groups, officers, and individuals to ensure
that we are being inclusive to everyone.

Here is the link to information on this officer from sca.org:
https://www.sca.org/dei-office/

I welcome your thoughts and ideas as we move forward, and look forward to
what lies ahead.

In service,

Master René Damours, WSA