[Namron] August Pop Meeting

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Thu Aug 5 19:53:37 PDT 2021

August Pop Meeting 8-5-2021

Open:
TE presiding
Woo

Welcome: Make sure you sign in -

Word Fame:
Adena and Kyna participated in the SMASH, and we won!!! 90 activities down
in a week.
Namron is awesome: Eldern ills day in the park: Ophelia got a thistle, Koia
was recognized by roses, Anastasia got a thistle, Ashilder recognized by
roses
Thanks to Kat and Orlando for bringing the pavilion places
Inventory thanks! It went quickly due to lots of people helping
Namron kingdom offices: Ragnar is the kingdom siege marshal, Orlando is the
youth rapier marshal, deb is the vindheim seneschal

A and S Show and Tell:
Michelle: Mistress B put on a lamp work bead class and we made beads,
There were a lot of Namron a and s at Eldern hills day in the park
Captian: look! Its a thing for combat archery. Im so mad at this thing.
(Hahaha)

Officer Reports:
Seneschal:We have a few open offices: Financial Committee Member (closes 30
days after we receive an application) Archery Marshal (Closes Aug 20th)
Rapier Marshal (Closes August 5th) Youth Rapier (Closes August 27th).
Thrown Weapons Marshal and Youth Chivalric marshal will close 30 days after
the first application is received.

Please welcome the new hospitaler, Diramud, (sp). He will need lots of help
in the coming months as we hopefully open up more.

Vindheim will be a Principality come December 11th, and as such will need
her peoples help. The Seneschals of the north are coming to their people to
ask: Can we help with the coffers. In Namron we have proposed a monetary
donation from the populous coffers to help get her on her feet. We are
looking at possibly donating $500 to Vindheim, plus any largess donations
we may have as well. We will discuss this and vote at the September pop
meeting, so PLEASE be there if you wish to vote. Also, Please talk about
this, we want to Mae sure that ll members of the barony know what is
happening.

I, Kyna Terricsdottir, will be hosting a largess tourney at Protectorate to
benefit the Principality of Vindheim. Please make 7 items of largess. The
winner will receive one of each item, and the rest to be donated to the
first Prince and Princess of Vindheim to pass out as they see fit. There
will be more information on this as the days pass.

The Calontir Trim Guy, Andrixos has placed an order for Vindheim trim, and
it is almost here. If you want some, please contact him, or let me know and
I will contact him for you. It is $2.50 a yard, and there are 25 yard
rolls. There is not a minimum/maximum you can order. We will be combining
shipping in Namron for those that wish. If you are interested, please let
us know.

Masks are still required inside any SCA activity. Ansteorra hs not yet come
out with any new food/drink rules, so right now the SCA can only offer pre
packaged food or drink. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Treasurer: $9500 in account, will be stepping down in January, would like a
deputy to help with Protectorate

TW and Archery: Peace Out. TW office still open, Archery closes soon.
Practice will happen at Steel Oak Ridge when it happens. 4200 E Franklin Rd
Norman OK . Keep an eye out for when practice happens or is canceled.

Rapier Marshal: Practice on Tuesday at Earlywine park. May be changing
location soon. Loner gear was recently donated by an old player. Wahoo.
August 14th - there will be a novice tourney at the day in the park

Chronicler: reports due the 26th of the month. Always looking for
submission for the plume.

A and S: a and s meetings every other Monday in the lowery room of the
central Norman library. Starting Monday August 16th. 645-830.
At Eldern Hills we had Koia enter her stamped dress, Daniel B Entered his
metal work, Anastasia entered her gold work. Mealin tough an all day class
in leather. Wahoo to those from the barony. A and S is the barony is
amazing.
I need teachers. (3 raised their hands)

Knights marshal: Wednesdays at The station in Moore at 645ish

Youth Rapier Marshal: Kingdom YRM: One application for Namron for YRM -
practice going very well- 6 youth last practice (may have only been 4)
Working on an indoor location, currently outside at Earlywine on Tuesdays.

NR Seneschal: Deb: Principality news: We have 3 bids for coronet tourney:
Burkburnett TX, Ardmore Convention center, El Reno center - Society has R
and D - Jacob Powell. If he does show up please let Northern regional
seneschal as well as local seneschal. May say he is from Glenn Ahaban,
Eldern Hills, or somewhere else as well.

Deerfina - MOC: Protectorate - still need volunteers and deputies. Tuesday
at 7pm she will have a zoom class on being an mot tips and tricks. The
virtual academy -
Needs fabric scraps as well as mini cow bells or jingle bells for
protectorate.
Looking for pelicans for to be able to teach a class at protectorate

B and B:
August 14th, 8am, in Andrews Park we will have a fun day in the park.
Fighting, rapier, a and s, just to be around people again. (May need out
pop up) bring banners, may be a good idea for recruiting opportunities.
Online fb event. We will have bottled water, but byob.

Baronial t shirts - the order form is online, but tonight is the last night
to order. Fill out the online form and give B and B money. Youth sizes are
available.

Protectorate: Oct 22-24. Needing donations for the champion baskets. 8
adult baskets and 5 youth baskets (ish) These are for the stepping down
champions. Some have been champions for 2 and a half years

Axeman is 2 weeks after protectorate - They are also looking for prize
basket donations. They have 6 baskets to fill. These are for the stepping
up champions.

GulfTober and BaM both have FB events - This is to organize baronial camps.
Please register for GulfTober if you are planning to go, so they can
proceed with the event.

September meeting 730 in the same room: Oklahoma room at the central
library.

We are over due, WAY over due on some of this: Thank you gifts for some
officers that are or have stepped down:
Rolff - Archery Marshal
Sabine - Rapier Marshal
George - Chronicler
Deb - FC Member
Villana - Herald
Orlath - TW Marshal
Thank you so much, you make the barony run.

August 21st is Glaslyn Defender of the Flame. See you in September Pop
meeting!

Other Business:

MEGA Protectorate Ultimate Championship Fight: Sigridth
Theme: Wrestle Mania (German Words)
It will be crazy! We want to keep the energy going. We are going to have
interviews, smack talking, show boating - encourage people to act BIG
Decorations include banners, pennants and heraldry

Heraldic display (Crest display)
Foolery contest - popular vote - Fools will hav ego go around and earn
bells handed out at gate
Largess tourney for Vindheim
Friday night - brewery contest - maybe
Friday night bardic competition (maybe)
Spirit sticks, the wave, face painting, presentation of consorts
Hopefully by then we will be able to have food

Will have announcers - loud and boisterous

Will be talking about food and drink options

Official Business:
Caterina:
Siege authorizing day in Herrah at Ragnar’s August 22nd 10-12pm

Unofficial Business:
Thrown weapons authorization at Glaslyn artisan and MAYBE protectorate
(BEEP BEEP)

Princess Social - Any non white scarf/Mod please attend to talk all things
rapier, at Glaslyn Artisan

Close Pop Meeting:

In Service,
Baroness Kyna Terricsdottir