[Namron] November Populace Meeting Notes

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 7 08:38:29 PST 2022

Greetings, Namronians!

The theme for this month was Fun and Games, and we opened with an Animal
Impressions game that was great fun. Thank you to Koke, Orlando, Annabelle,
Áshildr, and Halldóra for volunteering with no idea what you were getting
into!

We regret the we were unable to take notes, but the following comes from
our agenda and covers most of the evening's happenings:

Word Fame:

Orlando Eldern C&T Champion

Veronica Eldern Rapier Champion

Ayesha Fountain of Vindheim award for Scribal service promissory notes

Koke & Áshildr updated OP

Ian the Green Order of the Iris of Merit

Delivered: Ian the Green Thistle Calligraphy

Aela of the Hills Thistle Fiber Arts

Veronica du Sanguine Sable Talon

Thank you to workday crews, Art Walk team, Open A&S, loadout teams

Business

Upcoming Events:

Axeman

Round Table (Marshals need to send their info to
secretary at marshal.ansteorra.org)

Marshalate Madness

War of the Rams

No Nov. Business Meeting due to War of the Rams

Northkeep's Friendsgiving Practice in Coweta Sunday after Thanksgiving

Officer Positions are still open; please apply and attend Round Table if
you would like to serve our Barony in this manner.

Bids/design proposals for new thrones are open.

Bids for Beltane and Medieval Fair Event Stewards are open.

Special Project Opportunity: Memorial Banner for populace members who have
preceded is to Valhalla. Contact Hersirkona Kolfinna if you would like to
help. We need embroidery, and blazon/device research

Prize Basket/Royal Welcome Basket donations collected

December Pop:

Presentation Court (gifts to the Barony, largesse, Word Fame, introduce
newcomers to us, bardic pieces related to Namron, Estovers). More
information will be shared soon.

Opt-in gift exchange

dance

potluck

Officers: announce upcoming activities & any specific needs

MOC: Axeman activities, If you would like to donate Father Winter toys for
Yule, please contact Lady Emma

Treasurer: Lady Sibeal needs officer budgets by mid-November

Business from the Populace

Ch Fu Hu Zhen presented a request from the Proposed Shire of Oak Spring to
hold an event titled Nibs and Needles (Scribal and Fiber Arts focused) in
Ada to support their growth. Votes were taken at both the October Business
Meeting and this Populace Meeting, with overwhelming approval. Spring 2023
date is likely.

Populace votes:

Newcomers Event April 22 weekend (or two) before Beltane (approved)

Vindheim Rapier Academy? (More information needed first)

Summer Coronet? (Looking into an indoor site, but unlikely)

Repairs: Phred (list), Phredrica (steps & paint),

Repair & Paint Bjorn

Public Yard Sale to raise money for a populace-approved specific purpose,
date TBD

Art Walk Nov 11; Lady Halldóra has business cards if you'd like to walk
around in garb and talk with people.

Community Tree Lighting at Andrews Dec 2 5:30pm of populace members would
like to attend in garb.

We ended with Salty Duck Gaming Hall/ Social Time. Several populace members
enjoyed trying battledore and shuttlecock.

In Service,
Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna